February 5, 2015 / admin / 0 Comments
About our school IMAAM Madrassah operates under the umbrella of IMAAM Inc., a 501c3 non-profit organization established in 1995 in Maryland for the purpose of undertaking educational activities. Our Mission
- To develop and preserve the Islamic character of our youth by establishing their knowledge and love of the Quran and Sunnah; strengthening their hearts with iman and taqwa; and inspiring them to apply this knowledge to their daily lives.
- Children are both the present and the future of any community. Our efforts at the IMAAM Madrassah include shaping the present and the future of our community by providing a positive and caring Islamic learning environment.
- Students to become independent thinkers and global learners of Islamic knowledge, and to develop character as practicing American Muslims.
- To build a partnership between students, teachers and parents.
- The Sunday School generally follows the Montgomery County school calendar and is a year long program serving students ranging from 4 years old through high school.
- The Sunday School has a highly dedicated and motivated staff who care about their students and pleasing Allah (SWT). We have a strong commitment to creative learning opportunities, ongoing professional development and teamwork designed to maximize teacher and student progress.
- Currently, more than 100 students are enrolled with over 30 teachers and teacher’s assistants to guide them.
- Our instructional day is equally divided into two parts – one period for Quran instruction and one for Islamic Studies.
- Qur’anic Studies
- Learning Arabic letters and numbers
- Reading with proper tajweed
- Understanding the surahs.
- Islamic Studies
- Aqidah (basics of Islamic faith)
- Arkaanul Islam wal iman (five pillars of Islam and six pillars of imaan)
- Shariah (moral code and religious law of Islam)
- Akhlaqul kharimah (basic ethics)